Thursday, March 21, 2013

S&S March GDT Challenge

Helloo!  I’ve finally completed my project for the March GDT Challenge on Smeared and SmudgedMark Gould is the super talented guest designer this month, and his challenge is to Alter Something.  Now, you may be thinking, why did this project take me most of the month to complete?  Well, it may not look like it, but I had to go through a lot of steps to finish this.  I’m going to overwhelm you with photos so that you’ll understand.Winking smile

So, I started out with this somewhat tacky silver frame, a plain white box, and a digi I colored from Smeared Ink.

DSCN0229

I gessoed and painted the frame and box.  And I put a layer of clear crackle paint over the picture.

DSCN0247

Then I rubbed Distress ink over the crackles, and I added some crackle paint to the frame.

DSCN0249

And now you can be happy, because I forgot to take pics of the rest of the steps, haha.

So, here’s the finished project…

DSCN0297

DSCN0307

(I added wooden accents to the sides.  I painted, crackled, and distressed them)

Here are some good close ups of the crackles and such.

DSCN0320

DSCN0321

And, of course, I had to get carried away and do stuff to the insides of the box, too.  I thought of it as a little faery home, where she could keep things that she found/stole along her journeys.

DSCN0328

The inside of the lid reads:  “Home Twisted Home”.

DSCN0302

(And now you all know that I like to drink hard cider.)

And this is actually my favorite bit of the whole project…

DSCN0323

He’s also a digi from Smeared Ink.

If you made it through this whole post you have my thanks!

No comments: