Friday, November 6, 2009

DCRU Challenge 14

This week the challenge on the Die Cuts R Us Design Team blog was to "Nest Something". The shapes that the ladies there worked with were really nice looking. I couldn't find something like that in the stores I have close at hand, so, I had to make up shapes myself. It's very simple, and I jumped on the bandwagon of several other crafters and went with a neutral scheme for this card.



I just used some textured card stock I've had laying around forever, I don't even know what brand it is since the cover ripped off ages ago. Both stamps are Inkadinkado. And this time instead of attaching ribbon with something sticky I just used a couple of brads to secure the ends in place.

I think it turned out pretty good. What do you think?:)

-Laura

7 comments:

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Very cute! and very creative! I love that you made your own!
You've inspired me to dust off my corner punches! :)
Thanks for playing along with us at DCRU!
~ margie

Cara said...

Sweet card and I like that you came up with your own "nest." Thanks for joining the DCRU DT challenge!
Cara DCRU DT

Laura B said...

Thanks, Margie! I hadn't used my corner punch much, but I'm really liking it lately.:)

Thank you, Cara!:)

-Laura

LORi said...

So sleek and stunning!! Great work and way to make it work, very clever!!
Thanks for playing along with the DCRU crew this week!!

Blessings,
LORi BOYD

Amber said...

Lovely and elegant!
Hugs
Amber *DCRU DT*

Gwen's Busy Little Hands said...

Laura, The color scheme is classic...great choice. Like how you did your nesting. Brads and eyelets are fantastic ways to attach ribbons. Great job!

Smiles!
GWen DT@DCRU

Laura B said...

Thanks, Lori!:)

Thank you, Amber!:)

Thanks, Gwen! I really liked working with the brads, I'd never used them much before.:)

-Laura