Friday, November 6, 2009

TTIC #53 - The Transformation

I did this layout for the Twilight Tuesday weekly challenge. The challenge was "Craft Challenge: Create something that narrates a physical change you’ve gone through
Comment Challenge: Tell us about your change, or a change that you wish you could go through!"

So here is my Transformation project. It's big. It starts with me being humongously pregnant, I was about to pop in that first picture. I had gestational diabetes, tachycardia, and I started into that pregnancy almost 20 pounds overweight, so, I was kind of miserable at that point.(I had some health problems after my daughter was born that caused me to have chronic pain and fatigue, so, I gained a bunch of weight) Next you can see me with my newborn baby boy in the hospital.(You know you gals are really special that I'm actually sharing these two awful pictures of myself with you, right?) The third picture is of me back around March of this year, so, my son would have been about 8 months old then. The next picture is of me and my wonderful friend, whose support over the past year has meant the world to me.(this pic is from around April) And the other two pictures are now, just the other day, actually. My baby boy is now almost 16 months, and I'm within the healthy weight range for my height for the first time in over 5 years! And I have short black hair now.

You can click on these to see them larger if you want.






The left side is Me & My Big Ideas paper(glued to some sturdier card stock), the right side is DCWV Solid Glitter Silver card stock. I used DCWV La Creme card stock behind the pictures, brads through the corners of the pics, black ribbon, a couple of silver eyelets for the bow, and a few bits of bling in the lower right corner.

Thank you for coming by and looking at my transformation project! It was a nice project to do since I don't usually do much with pictures of myself, and it got me really thinking about what a major transformation I went through.

-Laura:)

7 comments:

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

What a beautiful layout! Thank you for sharing your story with us! What an accomplishment! You were beautiful then and even more so now! Love your hair!

Thanks for playing with Twilight Tuesday :*)
~ margie

Alison said...

How awesome! I'm so so thankful you shared your story with us! I'm so glad that your helth issues seem to have been resolved too. Doesn't it feel good to do a layout about yourself? You did a great job! Thank you so much for joining us this week!

Laura B said...

Thank you so much, Margie!:)

Alison, thank you! This was the first time I really did a layout just about me, it was nice! Thanks for coming up with such a cool challenge.:)

-Laura

Erica said...

You look fabulous! Thanks for sharing and playing along. I love the pages. Great work!

Laura B said...

Thank you, Erica!:)

hugs,
Laura

Eve said...

Great layout! I LOVE the transformation! The ties that bind it all together are awesome too!

Laura B said...

Thank you, Eve!:)

-Laura