Monday, April 5, 2010

FHF – Kaleidoscope Krew’s Color Challenge #1!

Yes!  Today is the very first Kaleidoscope Krew Color Challenge on the Friends Having Fun blog!!  I’m so excited to be a member of this Krew!  The first Monday of each month we’ll have a Color Challenge picked out by the fabulous Alison.  Here are the colors Alison chose for our first challenge…

Aren’t they such pretty, happy colors? 

I actually ended up making two projects for this challenge.(I tend to get over enthusiastic sometimes);)

Here’s my first project…

102_4243

102_4251

It was a mixed nuts container! 

The toile print paper is The Paper Studio.  I’m not sure what the other papers are.

And here’s the project I finished last night…

102_4252

102_4255

102_4258

My son flipped on the tv the other day and it happened to be a crafting show on!  They were making these little accordion style albums and I thought they were really cute, so, I decided to try one.  It was fun!

Paper from The Paper Studio, Creative Memories, and others that I don’t know.  Stamps used were JoAnn Craft Essentials Monogram Stamps.

Thanks for looking!  Hope you’ll join us with our challenge!:)

-Laura

11 comments:

Alison said...

Wow! I love both of these! And that second project if fantastic! That would make a great tutorial (hint, hint!)! You did a great job with your 1st Kaleidescope Krew projects!

Alexandra Lundgren said...

These are wonderful! That flip album is FABULOUS!!!! Love it!!!

Rebecca said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE both your projects! The little altered canister is just sweet and that flip book is fun!

ellepaulette said...

Fantastic projects!! Great job!! :)

Julie said...

These are both lovely! Those colors really do make for cheerful and happy-looking projects and these two are definitely that way!

Erica said...

Your accordian album is adorable. Great job!

Tonya Klar said...

OMG I really AM sick!!! I was scanning through your post and thought you said TOILET paper instead of TOILE!! ROFL... Jeez. You did a gorgeous job on both projects. I agree with Ali, the second would make a fab tutorial!

Gwen's Busy Little Hands said...

Laura this is so "CUTE"! Perfect little projects. I think your little accordian album looks the right size for a clear checkbook cover. Wouldn't that be an awesome way to carry around your precious family?

Smiles!
Gwen

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

You did a beautiful job on both! I really love the album! Perfect for gifts too :)

hugs, margie

Mandy Schneider 97 said...

O so cute Laura...I love it...love the color challenge too...I can't wait to play in future challenges..
Mandy

Alyssa S said...

What fabulous projects! Love that accordian album!! Would love to see a tutorial on that... ;o)