Thursday, November 10, 2011

Smeared and Smudged November Member Hop

Hello!  Welcome to the Smeared and Smudged November Member Blog Hop!

Here is the blog hop list for you, just in case you need it.

Terra
Tori
Jane
Kristy
Sugar
Sara
Laura – That’s ME!
Celina
Joyce
Steph
Helen
Heather
Abbie Kay
Black Dragon
Dianne
Monique
Sharon
Fiona
Ike
Lady Brayton
Susan

“The theme this month is A Little Steamy. Use images, pieces, or parts that embrace the steampunk genre. Use your imagination and have fun with it. We can't wait to see what you come up with! Also, don't forget the S&S rule that is has to be stamped somewhere (digi stamps are fine).”

Those were our instructions…and this is what I came up with…

100_6064

100_6060

And here you can see the size of the little composition book…

100_6059

I used a small sheet of aluminum and embossed it, then I used some Copics on it for color, then I used a little sanding block to remove some of the color and make it look more distressed, then I stuck on a couple of gears and the Bluebird Rider image from Smeared Ink.  And there you have it!  A fancy new cover for my little notebook!

This also goes along with the current challenge over at Smudgy Antics – Alter Something.

Thanks for looking, and happy hopping!

-Laura

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful Laura, love the shiny metal look!
Hugs,
Joyce

ike said...

Ooooh FABULOUS Laura - this looks just amazing :-D
Hugz xxxx

Alison said...

This is INSANLY cool!!! I love it! Those colors are beautiful, and I LOVE all the gears! Seriously, this is bad-ass!

Sara a.k.a. Eternal Princess Ryan said...

Wow... This is absolutely awesome!!! I have not played with metal yet... but will need to find the instructions and what to get!!! I really love this little notebook!!!!

KristyLee said...

Laura,
Great job, this looks wonderful! Love how you did the gears, and the "Blue Bird rider" You go!
Peace,
KristyLee

Sharon Sahl said...

Wow!! Your embossed metal background is wonderful and not just the texture. The colors you used are lovely. Great notebook cover!!

Unknown said...

I love your front cover for your notebook it is awesome
Luv Jane xxx

I Don't Do Straight said...

Your little book is GORGEOUS!!!! I love this image and the background is FAB!

Monique's art said...

wow the maetal background is so awesome, love the bird rider

Heather said...

Love the embossed metal cover. Very cool project.

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

Wow this is gorgeous. Those colours are so rich and vibrant. Love it

Susan said...

Laura, this is GORGEOUS! (I love that embossing folder, it is one of my favs)
you did such an amazing job with all your coloring etc! What a great gift this would make!
Hugs,
Susan

Scrap Vamp said...

So awesome! I love the embossed metal!

Lorraine said...

Oh Laura, I love your mini book! The metal, colors and inking - looks awesome!

~Lady B~ said...

Wowzers!!! I am in LOVE with this! Great use of metal, fabulous texture, and great coloring and design! I would totally steal this from you :)

Steph said...

This is so totally cool, I love it! What an awesome cover for your notebook.

Sparkly Engineer said...

Awesome. Love the entire piece.

MaRyKaY said...

wow that is awesome. love the metal aspect of it. steampunk is one of my fav's right now. I cant wait to get to use my Bluebird rider image.

blackdragon said...

Laura...what a brilliant idea... i love the colours you have used... the the fact that its small makes it even better ...i adore this.love lynx

Tori said...

WOW! The aluminum turned out amazing! That shine really adds to the piece and your blue-bird is colored wonderfully! I LOVE it!

:)tOri

blackdragon said...

I know i've already commented but i forgot to thank you for joining in the challenge at SMUDGY ANTIC.... thanks Laura..... love lynx

Tracy said...

This is stunning. I love that you used metal on the cover, how fun.