Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Anniversary Card for My Husband

I did get it made in time!  Hurray!  LOL!  And actually, this is one of my favorite cards that I’ve made.:)

100_4633

100_4636

100_4635

Chester stamp and sentiment stamp from Kraftin’ Kimmie Stamps.  I also used a little arrow stamp from Studio G to point to the number 8 on the clock, since this was our 8th anniversary!:)  The gears are Tim Holtz, and I also used Tim Holtz masks to make the gears on the grey paper.  The N and L stamps were from the dollar bin at Michael’s.  And I even used some sandpaper to sand the bottom edge of the front of the card.

This card goes along with these challenges…

Oh, Alice!:  Chapter 17:  Mad Watch

A Crafty Little Challenge #43 – One for the Boys

I really liked the sentiment “Time Passes…Friendship Remains” because Nathan and I are still the best of friends after so many years.  And since I’m being so sentimental, here are a couple of our wedding photos from 8 years ago…

227800-R1-11A

228200-R1-1A

Thanks so much for looking!

-Laura

10 comments:

Sheri Gilson said...

Fabulous masculine card!! Love the image and great embelli's!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at ACLP!!
Sheri-ACLP DT

Erica said...

First of all, your card is gorgeous! So unique and fun! I also have to say that I love your wedding dress! Congrats hun! Hugs!

Alyssa S said...

This is fantastic! I'll bet he absolutely loved it :o) You are just rockin' the steampunk style!

Gwen's Busy Little Hands said...

Hey there ladybug! Has it been eight years? I'm so glad I actually made it to your wedding. You were picture perfect...so lovely. It was a beautiful day.

Your card is awesome! Love the metal embellishment and you are right about the sentiment...it is really something special.

Smiles!
Gwen DTC @ ACLP

Basement Stamper said...

Very cool easel card and gorgeous wedding photos! Thanks for joining us at Oh, Alice this week.

Mandy Schneider 97 said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Happy Anniversary!!! Holy cow! how tall are you and hubby??? Sheesh I thought I married a giraffe but o boy I think you have me beat LOL! You guys are a very cute couple...love the card too..
Mandy

DonnaMundinger said...

Great card! Love the mask, the stamp, the design, the sentiment...well EVERYTHING! Congrats on your anniversary. You're a darling couple! xxD

Amber said...

Adorable! Wonderful masculine project! Love the clock in the background! And beautiful wedding picture!
ACLP Hugs
Amber

~*Joni said...

Hi Madeleine! Your easel card is adorable, I can see why it is one of your favorites. Great embellis, and such a nice hue of colors to make it more masculine. I love seeing wedding pics! You and your TALL DH ;) are great together. Great job, thank you so much for joining us in our Guys challenge at ACLP!
~*Joni ACLP DT

ellepaulette said...

What a great card! How sweet!!