Friday, August 12, 2011

Friday Fascinations

Hello!  I’m going to try something new for this blog.  It’s similar to something I used to do on my beauty blog.  On Fridays I would feature a favorite product that I was currently using.  Instead of limiting myself to a particular genre of things I’m going to try to post here on Fridays about whatever I’m currently obsessing about.  Whether it’s a product, a whole company, or just an idea that I can’t get out of my head, I’ll try to pick at least one thing each week to share with you.  If I get a good response I might even host related giveaways.:)

I have two things that are really spinning in my head right now.(Well, that’s not entirely true.  There are more than two things in my head right now, but you would be here for days if I told you about all of the things in my head.)

First, something that I have posted about before, but not in this blog.  Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab.  I have an obsession with scents.  Not the overpowering, synthetic, phthalate-filled scents you can buy at department stores.  Those fragrances usually make me feel ill(even some that I admire on others).  The scents at BPAL are high quality perfume oil blends.  And the variety of scents you can find there is insane.  I discovered their store 2 years ago and have been hoarding collecting their scents ever since.  So why am I obsessing about them now?  Well, every month they create a limited edition scent for the following month’s full moon.  The scent I have on right now is Berry Moon.  The scent that is currently available for purchase – the scent that corresponds to September’s full moon – is Harvest Moon.  Here’s the description of the notes in this fragrance…

“This Harvest lunacy combines the autumnal scents of dry leaves, warm, brown spices, white oak, Himalayan cedar, Russian sage, red apple, sweet black plum, juniper berry, clove, saffron, verbena, and yarrow with Dionysus’ sacred grapes and ivy, the amaranth and lingum aloes of Janus, and a gentle breath of Harvest Festival woodsmoke and sweet red wine.”

It sounds completely fabulous to me!  So, that’s why I’m obsessing about BPAL, yet again.:)

Disclaimer:  Aside from free samples that they include in orders, all BPAL scents I own have been purchased by me.  All opinions are my own. 

Second, I’m super excited about Stampaway!!  I went last year and it was a total blast.  I’ll be there all day tomorrow.  I’m so excited!  Last year I got to meet Tim Holtz there.

See…

He was so awesome!  I’m such a fangirl, lol.

This year I’m taking ATCs to swap.  It makes me excited and nervous.  Last year a lot of ladies were swapping outside before the doors opened and I felt so left out, so I decided I had to join in this year.

I’ve already got the floor plan printed out, and have been mapping out which booths will get most of my attention and money.  I know, I’m such a dork.:)

Well, thanks for putting up with my ramblings about what is currently on my mind.  Hopefully it wasn’t too disorienting.:)

-Laura

1 comment:

Arts by Sara said...

Wow... Awesome Picture! You met "Da Man" how cool is that!?! I understand about having lots of things swirling around in your head at one time! LOL! (For me, yep days to tell ya all about them! LOL!) I hope you have a wonderful week!!! Happy Creating! Sara