Sunday, August 28, 2011

Shabby Chic

I decided to finally give this challenge a shot.  I was a little overwhelmed at the idea of having to do a really feminine, lacy, and mostly white card.  You can find out more about the challenge over on the Bombshell Stamps Blog.  I tried some new things with this one…

100_5619

(click for larger photo)

scavenger-hunt!!

Sorry the lighting is not great in this photo, I do most of this stuff at night and my camera is worthless.  Anyway, I used the roses and sentiment from the Rose’s Portrait set from Bombshell Stamps for this.  I sanded the edges of all the paper and then took some pale Copic colors along the sanded edges.  These are some of my first rolled ribbon flowers, so hopefully they don’t look too bad.

Thanks for looking!

-Laura

2 comments:

Andrea C said...

Very lovely and gorgeous flowers x

Alaine said...

Laura, this is gorgeous!!!! Thank you for explaining the Copic colors on the sanded edges. And I am so glad you joined us at Bombshell Stamps for the shabby chic challenge.